California Contractors License Schools

California Contractors License Schools
Preparing Students for the California Contractor's Exam Since 1982.

Monday, October 24, 2016

Military Veterans Get Preferred Application Processing for a Contractor's License

On October 13, 2016 in a show of support for our veterans, the Contractors State License Board announced that the applications received by veterans are being processed by specially trained staff for faster test date issuance. Include your DD-214 and I would suggest stapling a piece of paper on the application stating "Military Applicant".

Other documents you can submit but are not required:

Copy of ERB (Enlisted Record Brief)
Copy of ORB (Officer Record Brief)
Copy of DD2586 (Verification of Military Experience and Training form)
Copy of Joint Service Transcripts (military transcripts)
Sealed, official educational transcripts for formal civilian education

If you don't have a copy of your DD-214 (or any other document listed above) you can request one at

There is also expedited application service for spouses/domestic partners under certain circumstances.

For more information you can visit the official website of the Contractors State License Board at:

No comments:

Post a Comment